Born in Cagayan de Oro City Philippines and currently living in Paris France, Louie Talents spent his educational years from kinder to his first Bachelors Degree in Arts Major in Economics at Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan with a Loyalty Award in 2006.
He pursued his 2nd Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts Major in Painting at the University of the Philippines-Diliman with a Magna Cum Laude standing and Outstanding Thesis award in 2011.
In 2010, he was the first recipient of a scholarship grant by the French Embassy to study one full term at Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts de Paris and in 2012, he received an award of Merit by the Philippine Art Awards.
Louie Talents has exhibited in various galleries and respected Museums in the Philipines as well as exhibiting in France, Canada and Singapore. He is actively involved in his 7 art projects geared towards artistic excellence and public awareness.
His body of works deal with diary as an art form. In line with this, he is exploring new diary works on visual and narrative possibilities inspired from his childhood memories and from his travels to 25 countries arround the world.
AWARDS AND CITATIONS:
- LAMBAGO ART AWARD 2016: Xavier University Center for Culture and the Arts
- AWARD OF MERIT: Philippine Art Awards 2012: National Museum of the Philippines
- OUTSTANDING THESIS AWARD2011: University of the Philippines-College of Fine Arts (Diliman)
- LOYALTY AWARD 2006: Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan
- FINALIST: 32ND NATIONAL ARTIST JOSE JOYA ART AWARDS 2004: University of the Philippines
- PALANAY ART PROJECT 2010 : Transforming Biblical Passages into Diary entries from 40 cities worldwide.
- ATTEN-HUT ART PROJECT 2011: Mobile site specific installation of 21,000 toy soldiers for judicial reforms.
- MEUPIA ART PROJECT 2012 : Socially engaged installation art with the Manobo Tribe in the Philippines.
- POSPORO ART PROJECT 2013 : Raising awareness on Social Issues through Matchsticks
- RETRACE ART PROJECT 2015 : A concept and a process to revisit childhood memories through collaboration
- BAR CODE DIARY ART PROJECT 2016 : A collaborative sequence of Various Artist into Vertical Bar and QR Code Diaries.
- CARNET SANS AGE 2018 : Juxtaposing two visual elements from the artist childhood drawings and transforming it into travel visual diaries